2016 Holiday Trivia Results
Happy Holidays & thank you for participating in our 2016 Holiday Trivia for Charity Challenge. Each charity listed below will receive $1,000. Congratulations to the winning charities!
- United Way of Southwestern Indiana
- Ronald McDonald House
- Youth First
- Boys & Girls Club
“To feel much for others and little for ourselves; to restrain our selfishness and exercise our benevolent affections, constitute the perfection of human nature.”
– Adam Smith
Thank You for Participating!
This Year’s Correct Answers…
1. According to the National Association for Personal Financial Advisers (NAPFA), how should a financial adviser be compensated to best eliminate conflicts of interest?
a. Fee-Only: A Fee-Only financial adviser charges the client directly for his or her advice and/or ongoing management.
2. As a fiduciary, the adviser is legally motivated to… (mark all that apply):
a. Act solely in the best interests of clients.
b. Proactively disclose any actual or potential conflicts of interest to clients.
c. Not accept any referral fees or other compensation from a third party for the purchase or sale of a financial product.
3. We believe that that disciplined investing is only one part of true Financial Life Planning.*
4. An adviser motivated to put your best interest first should be able to transparently answer which of the following questions (mark all that apply)?
a. “How are you compensated for providing this advice?”
b. “Do you possess the necessary professional skills, such as CFP and/or CFA?”
c. “Do you take the time to really understand what’s most important to me and my family’s “personal financial goals? – which isn’t always about the all mighty dollar.”
d. “Can I easily sever the relationship from you without financial penalty?”
5. To help achieve reaching your best life and leaving your most powerful legacy, we believe in which of the following must be present from your adviser (mark all that apply)?
a. The right skills
b. The right business model
c. The right motivations