It’s a new year and for many, that means it’s time to revisit or create new financial goals. Regardless of financial situation, popular key financial focusses for most people are to save more money, spend less money and pay off/eliminate debt. Here are a few steps you can take to get the best results from these goals.
- Develop A Goal – What are the important things you want your money to go towards? Do you want to buy a new car? Do you want more money to save? By implementing goals, this will help you stick to your budget better and go above and in some cases beyond what you were aiming for.
- Keep Detailed Records Of Your Expenses – This can be done in numerous ways and with new technology arising, there are many online tools that can be helpful in this process. Keeping records like these can also be an eye-opener to identify expenses that you could reduce or expenses you may not even think about.
- Implement A Budget – Once you identify key expenses and cut out any unnecessary ones, you can implement a monthly budget that relates to your top financial goals. Sticking to a budget is KEY in reaching your end financial goals.
- Talk To A Financial Planner – You may feel overwhelmed or confused in regards to the financial aspect of your life. The good news is there are financial professionals here to help. Having a good financial adviser is crucial in achieving your financial goals and desired lifestyle. You can even use a link on this site to search for fee-only advisers provided by NAPFA .
- Keep On Top Of Your Budget – Evaluate your budget monthly and make any adjustments necessary to stay on track. For example, if you are spending too much on entertainment, you may need to seek out less expensive forms of entertainment OR increase your monthly budget on this by cutting back on other expenses.
The Payne Wealth Partners professional team is dedicated to sharing knowledge of the financial world while providing proper guidance that is aligned with the overall values of your family. We encourage you to look at your current situation and assess if your current financial partner has the credentials, knowledge and expertise to help reach financial goals and desired lifestyle for 2016 and beyond.
When it comes to your life and legacy, skills matter!
Let’s start a conversation about the skills you deserve to help live the life you want.
Date Published: January 13, 2016
Authored By: Christian Tant
Share your thoughts by tweeting to @PayneWealth or follow us for more useful info!The information in this material is only as current as the date indicted, and may be superseded by subsequent market events or for other reasons. Statements concerning financial market trends are based on current market conditions, which are subject to change and which Payne Wealth Partners, Inc. does not undertake to update. While all information prepared in this document is believed to be accurate, any statements of opinion constitute only current opinions of Payne Wealth Partners, Inc., which are subject to change and which Payne Wealth Partners, Inc. does not undertake to update. Accordingly, you should not put undue reliance on these statements.